Sunday, June 3, 2012

Patience & Perseverance

Aunt, Grandmother, & Dad on her 100th Birthday!

Meemaw and me :) May 26, 2012
100...Years...Old!!! I was privileged enough to celebrate my grandmother's 100th birthday last weekend and it definitely got me thinking. Quite honestly, I can't even imagine being in her shoes.  She's been on this planet long enough to see the invention of cars, landing on the moon, the civil rights movement, etc. etc. etc. It seems to be almost unthinkable that one life could have spanned so many inventions...creations.  To watch this world change in so many amazing ways and know that you've been here to see it all; it's just such a compliment to the life she has lived.


It's taken me a few months to get back here, to a place where I could put my thoughts down for others to read.  I've kept my own daily journal but letting others see into that private part of me is still difficult at times and I've shied away from it.  Heather and I have still been working at the walking and trekking.  The last two weeks have been less consistent as we're both teachers and between SOL testing, packing up, and moving... those late nights at work tend to come more often than they were. I'm looking forward to the next two weeks though. Our routine gets back on track and we make our summer plan for 'intensifying' our work outs.


Part of what's held me back has been that continued foot problem.  After seeing my doctor this week she was happy that I hadn't gained weight but without the weight loss we were hoping for she suggested stepping up the effort and doing more. I told her I want to ... HAVE wanted to but it's been an obstacle. We decided to do some x-rays and I'll be going for that this week (Here's hoping we either find out what's wrong or it's no longer an issue). With the knowledge that I'm signed up for a 10k in October, get to meet some important people in November, and working towards a half marathon next March...I've got some work to do!


There's a lot on my mind and I'm hoping to share more of that in the next few weeks. The one thing that's getting me through this week though is that I'm going to DC to see the NY Mets play the DC Nationals. Baseball is my favorite past time and they are my team! Ask anyone... I bleed orange and blue :)





No comments:

Post a Comment